Thursday 8 November 2007

Coming Home

After being taken to the ward with Liadan I was thinking great now I get to rest and sleep but I was mistaken. The ward had about 4 other mothers on the ward with their babies as well so someone was always up or baby was crying and all the rest so it was not very restful. Besides the fact I still had quite a bit of drugs pumping through my veins and with Liadan beside me in her little plastic bed I was really in no state to rest.

The next day I was not sure when they were going to let me go home, I had been told that women who had assisted deliveries can be held for at least a day but that my midwife thought that they would let me go home on the 11th sometime.

They wake you up at 7:30am not that I had been asleep so I had a bowl of cereal. Then various people came to see me to give me some pain relief pills, make sure I could feel my legs after the epidural, and other info I would need for the two of us when we left the hospital. Had a meeting with the pediatrician who did a bunch of little checks on her and she was all good. When I came back from there Liadan was sort of making foodie faces again so we did a little feeding. Andrew came shortly after and they told me I could go home.. so we got all my stuff ready put Liadan in her new stroller and headed out. The hospital was so close to where we lived we just took the bus. Then we were home… ah.. now it’s really the time to relax .

1 comment:

Rog said...

the hospital let you take her home on the bus? guess i've never thought about that. i'm used to stories about hospitals not letting you leave with your baby unless there's a properly installed and inspected baby seat in the car. but hey, i guess not everyone drives a car, especially in london!