Thursday 26 April 2007

Weekend in Bath in the Baths

So over the St Paddys weekend Lucinda, Andrew and myself took the train out to Bath for the weekend… the weather was a little of everything sunny .. a little rain.. and lots o wind… when we got there we went to our hotel and dropped off our bags. We walked around the town which was really cute but also very high street chain stores.. but then we headed to the Baths… which was pretty cool.. I remember little bits from being there when I was a kid but lots of it was new. For lunch we went to Sally Lunns a historic tea house that is know for it’s buns…lunn buns to be exact…and they were full of buttery goodness. Here you can see me and Lu at the front. That evening we walked around looking for a place to eat but found so many places packed as it was St Paddy’s weekend as well as Mothers Day in the UK .. but we found a pasta place and had a nice leisurely meal. That night I had a shower and try out the local Bath water.. and it I have to say was one of the best showers I have ever had… here is a picture! Amazing hot great pressure.. I was in there so long Andrew had to have a shower too to see what it was like and… he agreed.








Then next day we woke up and had a huge buffet and table service breakfast at the hotel before we moved onto more water activities. So we went to the Bath Thermae Spa http://www.thermaebathspa.com/ to part take in some soaking… they have an outdoor spa and then an indoor one and a bunch of steam rooms..It was relaxing and amazingly not as wrinkly as I thought it would be.



Watery Weekend Success!!!

No comments: